A Netgear WiFi range extender is an amazing networking device that helps your current wireless network reach even the darkest corners in your home. There are always some WiFi dead zones or hard-to-reach areas for your existing router due to the construction of the building. Also, it is not always feasible to place the router in the most central location of your home. In these scenarios, the WiFi network just needs a little push via the WiFi router. And Netgear AC750 WiFi extender fills this gap and enhances coverage to all areas you yearn for.
With the Netgear AC750 extender, you can access the internet in every corner of a building such as a patio, garage, and terrace. Devices like security cameras and door bells are increasingly shifting from being wired to being wireless. Thus, 360 WiFi coverage has become the need of the hour. And that’s where Netgear AC750 range extender plays an important role. You never know when you might have to get internet access in a WiFi dead zone. This post will give you a closer look at Netgear AC750 setup and installation. Let’s take the plunge.
How to Set up Netgear AC750 Wireless Extender?
For a hassle-free Netgear AC750 wireless extender setup, you need the following things ready:
- Your Netgear AC750 extender
- The router
- A PC, laptop, or tablet
- An Ethernet cable
As soon as you have these things ready with you, get started with the Netgear AC750 WiFi extender setup and installation.
There are two ways through which you can set up your Netgear range extender. They are:
- Using the Web Browser
- Via the Netgear Nighthawk App
You can choose any setup method you find convenient for you. Read on.
Setup Netgear AC750 Extender Using the Web Browser
Here is a series of steps you need to consider for setting up your Netgear AC750 WiFi extender:
- Place the extender in a central location of your home but away from electrical gadgets, metal objects, and reflexive surfaces.
- Grab an Ethernet cable and connect its one end to the Netgear AC750 extender whereas another to the existing router.
- Plug the extender into a wall socket and turn it on. Don’t forget to power on your home router as well.
- Switch on your computer or laptop and launch an internet browser of your choice.
- Type mywifiext.net in the URL bar, appearing in the top-left corner of the browser window.
- Pressing the Enter key will open the Netgear extender login page for you.
- Next, insert the user ID and passphrase into the given fields.
- Click on the Log In button.
- Now, choose the WiFi network you want to extend.
- Hit Continue.
- You will be prompted to enter the network password.
- Do exactly the same and click Next.
- Set up security settings for your extended WiFi network.
- After that, hit the Apply button to save your setting changes.
Once you see all four green LEDs on your Netgear AC750 extender, it means that the extender has been properly set up. Now, connect your devices to the new extended wireless network and enjoy an uninterrupted WiFi connectivity all over the home.
Setup Netgear AC750 Using Nighthawk App
In the event that you find the aforementioned method quite hard for you or get stuck with mywifiext not working error pop-ups, opt for the Nighthawk app. It is a mobile application that is especially meant to guide you through the Netgear extender setup process. You can download the app for both Android and iOS devices. Here are the do-follow steps:
- Turn on mobile data or enable WiFi on your smartphone.
- Open Google Play or App Store as per the OS of your mobile device.
- Download Nighthawk app.
- Once done, open the app.
- Follow the on-screen steps to make your Netgear AC750 extender up and running.
Done! You are all done with the Netgear AC750 WiFi range extender setup. Which method do you find easier? Share your thoughts with us via comments.