Fish oil for cats is a readily purchased dietary supplement. It is famous for providing many health benefits to your little furry buddy, provided that:
- The oil is composed of the correct formulation
- A well-known firm backs it
- The pet is provided with the prescribed amount of dose
Such oil can help your cats in many ways, such as improving their overall wellness, keeping their eyes & heart working properly, reducing inflammation, keeping their immune system strong, helping them get rid of shedding, etc.
What is the composition of fish oils?
Fish oil is usually composed of the following ingredients:
- Vitamin A Palmitate Oil
- Olive oil (that contains ALA, Omega-3, Omega-6, and LA)
- Sesame Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Tocopherols Oil
- Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil, a source of omega 3 fatty acid
A Liquid that is easy to dispense:
It can be easily fed to the pets directly with a spoon or by adding it to their daily food.
What is the preferable daily dose for cats?
The amount of daily dosage depends upon the weight of the cats.
- Dosage for a 6-month cat: 1/3 tsp/1.875 ml
- Dosage for an adult cat (3-10 lbs): ¾ tsp/3.75ml
- Dosage for a large adult cat 10+ lbs: 1 ½ tsp/7.5ml
Let’s discuss the benefits of fish oil in detail.
Fish oil for cats keeps their hearts active:
Being an anti-coagulant, fish oil helps the cat’s heart from developing blood clots (as it is a wonderful anti-coagulant). Also, it is found to be helpful in reducing the heart’s vulnerability to develop atrial fibrillation.
It helps the cats get rid of itching:
Fish oil is a great supplement that helps pets by reducing the release of cytokines in their body, which eventually decreases their itching and improves their flakey and dry skin.
Note: Cytokines is an inflammation stimulator.
Fish oil helps the failing kidneys of cats in It saves the cats from kidney diseases:the following ways:
- By lowering the elevated protein loss via urine
- By reducing the high BP
- By restricting the production of pro-inflammatory substances
4. It Supports the arthritic joints:
Fish oil supports the reduced production of potent prostaglandins (responsible for increasing joint inflammation) in cats.
The cats fed with the concerned oil are more active than those who are not.
5. It restricts shedding:
Omega 3 in fish oil is highly beneficial in improving the condition of a cat’s hair follicles, supporting less shedding. Also, less shedding helps the cats with the formation of fewer hairballs.
6. It decreases the blood triglyceride levels:
Fish oil plays a significant role in reducing triglyceride levels in cats.
Benefits of reduced triglyceride levels:
- It helps the cats suffering from heart diseases
- It helps the cats suffering from inflammatory bowel diseases
- It helps the cats suffering from pancreatitis
It was all about the basics and benefits of fish oils. For more information and details visit our website.
You can also contact us via: