Are you facing issue while setting up your Netgear router? Have you lost or forgotten the Netgear router login password? Can’t log in to your Netgear router to access or change its settings because the web address routerlogin.net not working? Router connected but no internet access? If your answer to the questions is in big yes, then this post is for you. Here, in this post, we have mentioned a solution to every problem related to your Netgear router. Scroll down to read more!
You can easily solve big or small issue with your Netgear router either by resetting it or updating its firmware. In this particular piece of writing, we will provide you both the methods so that you can all the router-related issues in minutes. Keep reading!
How to Reset a Netgear Router?
There are 2 easy ways to do so:
- Reset using the reset hole.
- Reset using the router’s web user interface.
Here, we have mentioned both the methods in detail. Scroll down to read more!
To Reset Your Netgear Router Using the Reset Hole
- In the first place, verify that your Netgear router’s power light is on and stable.
- Also, disconnect your Netgear router from your modem and other connected devices.
- Post that, locate the Netgear router reset hole.
- Once found, push it gently using a pin or a paper clip.
- Hold the reset hole for some time.
- Release it.
Your Netgear router resets successfully.
To Reset Your Netgear Router Using its Web User Interface (only for some models)
- First things first, connect your Netgear router to your modem in a wireless manner or using an Ethernet cable.
- Open a web browser on a computer or a laptop.
- Enter the default routerlogin credentials and click on Log In.
- The setup wizard of your Netgear router displays.
- Click on Advanced and then under Router Information, click on Reboot.
Your Netgear router resets successfully using its web user interface.
Once your Netgear router reset successfully, you can now configure it again. As soon as you configure your Netgear router, you will enjoy the unbeatable speed of the internet like never before in every corner of your house, even in blind spots/ dead zones.
If you face any issue while setting up your Netgear router, feel free to contact our experts for immediate solution anytime.
Another effective method to get a solution to the questions highlighted above is to update your Netgear router to the latest version. Here’s how to update Netgear router firmware.
How to Update the Latest Firmware Version on My Netgear Router?
- Connect your modem to your Netgear router with an Ethernet cable.
- Turn on a PC or a laptop and visit the official site of Netgear.
- Enter your Netgear router’s Model Number on the displayed window.
- Once done, click on Downloads.
- Select a firmware version according to your router’s model and click on Download.
- Open a web browser and enter www.routerlogin.net into its address bar.
- Routerlogin page displays.
- Enter your router’s default admin details carefully (without typos) and click on Log In.
- Click on Advanced and select Administration or Settings.
- Once done, click on Firmware Update.
- Click on the Upload button.
- Bear in mind that once you click on the upload button, do not try to go online, click on any link,turn off your router, or do anything else until your device finishes restarting.
Pro Tip: Use the default Netgear router IP address for logging into your device in case the web address, routerlogin.net does not work.
The Final Words
After following the steps given in this post in exact order, you will surely able to resolve all router-related issues. If you still have questions about your Netgear router, feel free to drip them into the comments section.