Banking institutions are constantly trying to find ways to make banking easier and more convenient. One such convenience is mobile banking. Today, most banks offer app versions of their online banking platforms, which can be used to check your account balance, transfer money, pay bills, and more.
Many banking apps also allow you to download a PDF copy of your account statements. This can be handy if you need to provide proof of income or expenses or want to keep a closer eye on your spending habits. While the features of each app may differ, most follow a similar process for downloading an account statement.
Steps to download your account statement through a mobile banking app
Let us assume you use the IDFC FIRST Bank mobile banking app. Here are the steps to download your account statements:
- Open the mobile banking app on your device and log in with your credentials.
- Find the ‘Account Statements’ option.
- Choose the period for which you want to generate the statement.
- Download the e-statement.
Note: This is the bank statement download process on the IDFC FIRST Bank mobile banking app. most follow a similar process for downloading an account statement. The instructions may vary slightly for others, but the general process should be similar for all mobile banking apps.
Facing issues with downloading account statements from mobile banking apps?
Here are a few things to do if you are unable to download your account statement from a banking app:
- Check whether you are connected to a strong Wi-Fi or data signal. If you use a mobile data connection, try turning on flight mode for a few seconds and then turn it back off. This will often refresh your connection and allow you to download the statement.
- Try restarting your device. Sometimes, this can clear any errors preventing the statement from downloading.
- Check for any new updates available for the app. All mobile banking apps are constantly updated to incorporate the latest security patches and features. Thus, update the app (if needed) and try downloading the statement again.
Best practices for maintaining security while using mobile banking apps
Both paid and free banking apps help you to download your online bank account statements directly to your phone. Still, taking basic safety precautions is vital to protect your information.
- Choose a strong password for your mobile banking account.
- Avoid public Wi-Fi hotspots.
- When installing an app, pay attention to the permissions it requests.
- Many mobile banking apps, like the IDFC FIRST Bank mobile banking app, offer an additional layer of security in the form of two-factor authentication and fingerprint authentication. Use these features to log in.
- Remember to log out of your mobile banking app after each session to prevent unauthorised access to your account if your device is lost or stolen.
Following these simple steps, you can safely download and save your account statement onto your phone for future reference. This information will also help you stay on top of your finances and keep your budget on track.