There are lots of people who are looking for a delicious bite in the local Maumee, OH area. One of the top options is Georgette’s Grounds and Gifts, which is closely associated with Sunshine Communities. This Maumee bakery has been a pillar of the community for many years, and it offers delicious food and beverages that are perfectly in line with everything the cafe stands for. Why have so many people fallen in love with Georgette’s Grounds and Gifts, and what should people expect when they visit this popular breakfast and lunch spot?
Who Was Georgette?
The namesake of Georgette’s Grounds and Gifts is Georgette Engler. She was a caregiver, visionary, mother, and pillar of the community. With her husband, Roy, the couple raised five children with developmental disabilities. During that time, it was very difficult for children with developmental disabilities to be raised, and many of them ended up in institutions. In 1950, Georgette and her husband founded Sunshine Children’s Home, bringing care and compassion to other families with disabilities. It brought a bit of sunshine into their world. This led to the name Sunshine Communities.
Now, Georgette’s Grounds and Gifts offers employment to individuals with developmental disabilities in all areas. This includes the kitchen, the gift shop, the customer service team, and numerous other areas. Furthermore, there is a new vocational site where individuals package coffee just a few blocks from Georgette’s! It sits on Wayne Street in Maumee! Now, Georgette’s Grounds and Gifts provides meaningful income to farmers, artisans, and people with developmental disabilities all over the world.
The Delicious Menu Items at Georgette’s Grounds and Gifts
One of the first things people notice when they visit Georgette’s Grounds and Gifts is the kind, welcoming atmosphere created by those who work there. Then, there is a wide array of menu items from which to choose. Some of the most popular menu items include:
- Egg and Avocado Panini: This is one of the most popular breakfast items, featuring a delicious egg with generous slices of avocado on one of the many bread choices. Then, the entire sandwich is finished in a panini press.
- The Breakfast Burrito: This is a popular option for those looking for energy to start the day! It features banana peppers, olives, eggs, bacon, cheese, green peppers, onions, and tomatoes.
- Delicious Coffee: Without a doubt, the highlight of visiting Georgette’s Grounds and Gifts is the delicious coffee. All coffee is locally ground, and it has the intoxicating aroma that people look for in their cup of Joe!
These are just a few of the many items on the menu at Georgette’s Grounds and Gifts! There is something for everyone at this delicious Maumee stop! Furthermore, the space was recently given a fresh coat of paint on the walls! The original ceiling tiles are now all black and it looks a lot more spacious!
Why Visit Georgette’s Grounds and Gifts?
Throughout the decades, Georgette’s Grounds and Gifts has become a pillar of the community. There are numerous reasons why so many people continue to swing by Georgette’s Grounds and Gifts to this day. They include:
- This is an exceptional opportunity to support local farmers and artisans in the area.
- Visiting Georgette’s Grounds and Gifts is also a great opportunity to support workers with developmental disabilities who are looking for a way to make a living.
- This is also an opportunity to keep the dream of Roy and Georgette’s Sunshine Children’s Home alive.
Of course, the food and coffee at Georgette’s Grounds and Gifts are also delicious! If you are looking for a lunch cafe Maumee or a delicious Maumee bakery, then swing by Georgette’s Grounds and Gifts today and see what everyone has been talking about! There are always delicious options and smiling faces!