To tweak or change the settings of your Linksys RE6500 extender, you need to access its web-based setup page. However, many users receive error popups or messages while accessing the Linksys extender setup page. If you are also experiencing the same, you have landed on the right post. Here, you will get to know the easy steps to access the web-based setup page of Linksys RE6500 extender without any hassle. Scroll down to read more!
How to Access the Linksys Extender Setup Page?
Follow the instructions listed below to access the Linksys extender setup page without ado:
- Turn on your Linksys RE6500 extender by plugging it into a working wall outlet.
- Place your Linksys extender near to your WiFi router.
- Connect your Linksys extender and router using an Ethernet cable.
- Thereafter, turn on a PC or laptop and connect it to Linksys extender setup-xxx.
- Open a web browser.
- Enter extender.linksys.com in the address bar.
- Press the Enter key.
- Enter the Linksys extender login password when prompted.
- Click on Log In.
- Follow the instructions given on-screen to reach the Linksys extender setup page without hassle.
If you can’t go through the on-screen instructions, contact our technical experts right away.
Once you get into the Linksys extender setup page, you can configure it in order to enjoy the lag-free internet experience in every nook and cranny of your house.
Here’s how to set up Linksys RE6500 extender.
There are 2 main methods to setup Linksys extender.
- Manual method and WPS method.
You can choose any one of the Linksys extender installation method as per your comfort.
First, we will discuss the manual method. Have a quick glance at the steps listed below.
- Place your Linksys RE6500 range extender midway between your router and the area with poor WiFi. Ensure to have at least 50 percent WiFi signals from your router.
- Connect the antennas (if any) to the RE6500 and its power adapter to a working power outlet.
- Wait for the power LED on your Linksys RE6500 extender to become stable.
- Connect your Linksys RE6500 extender to your WiFi router.
- Now, on your computer or laptop, launch a web browser and enter extender.linksys.com in the address bar to access the Linksys extender setup wizard.
- Welcome to Linksys RE6500 setup screen displays.
- Click on Start > Next.
- Select your WiFi from the list of networks.
- Enter your WiFi password or network key and click on Next.
- Follow the instructions and configure your device easily without any hassle.
If you need any assistance while configuring your Linksys extender using the manual method, feel free to reach out to us anytime.
Now, we will discuss the WPS method to configure your Linksys extender.
Note: You can use this method on any model of your Linksys WiFi range extender (only if WPS capable). Also, your WiFi router should be WPS capable. On the off chance if your router doesn’t supports the WPS feature, then configure to Linksys extender using the manual method.
- First things first, ensure that your Linksys extender and router are properly plugged into their respective wall outlets.
- Disconnect your client devices from Linksys extender’s WiFi network (if connected).
- Locate the WPS button on your Linksys extender.
- Push it gently once found.
- Wait for a couple of minutes.
- Push the WPS button on your WiFi router.
- Once done, connect your PC or laptop to the Linksys extender setup-xxx and enjoy the continuous WiFi range throughout your house.
That’s it! Linksys RE6500 setup process has been successfully completed using the WPS method.
Just in case, you have any doubts or queries, feel free to ask us anytime via comments. We are here to assist you 24×7.